Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Back in Business... Straight from the oven called Chennai !

Phew !!! I feel as if i'm under a barrage of reproachful doleful looks from my poor un-updated blog - chastising me for the long duration of disinterest I've seemingly displayed...
Of course - little does my poor blog know about the kinds of pressures I've been subjected to from so many other directions... With the end-of-internship presentation and report submission hanging over my head menacingly like a guillotine's horror combined with the peaceful complacency-inducing dreams of home-sweet-home, I was trying to jiggle around all the last minute visits and courtesy calls, and running a highly complex system of dynamic scheduling every second, with the starting point being my guide's schedule and his free time which proved to be quite a scant resource indeed !
However, nothing takes forever, u know... So finally that day dawned when I was done with the presentation, had had a nice little chat with the BU head, my guide and other people-who-matter in office... raised myself a few notches higher in terms of the respect, appreciation and good words people had for me... and was ready to leave bustling Bombay with its breezy 'watery' Drive, the famous vada-pavs, tall towers and multiplexes... the financial capital of India...
I took one deep breath of the Mumbai air and one last lingering look at the tiny toy-like city spread out below me as I zoomed away, gaining altitude - destination : Chennai !

As I flew into the loving arms of my eagerly waiting parents, I heard the familiar whirr of the water lorry, smelled the yummy coffee my grandmom was making for me, felt the soft fur of my cute bubbly kittens and heard the smile in my aunt's voice as she called out my name from inside the house. The familiar sight and smell of dear ole' home hit me hard and strong - my heart throbbed with a dull ache as I counted 5 months since I had last set foot here... I felt guilty looking at my grandmom ever so frail and weak, gazing lovingly at me, successfully masking the taunting voices that shouted in her head - "She's going to run away back again in 3 days !"
With a big sigh I stepped into my room - the one with a special view of the front gate - it was just as I had left it, with one of our kittens being the sole claimant to the seat of honour - my study desk and chair ! She lazily looked at me when I entered and climbed down slowly after a leisurely stretch, sacrificing what she thought was rightfully hers in a bout of generosity, with a look that said "Oh - U are back... What an inconvenience ! Hmmm... U can have my seat for a coupla days - I won't mind!"
The familiar surroundings, the welcoming grin of my dad coupled with one of his humorous one-liners, the touching concern of my mom, the challenge-for-friendly-duel looks of my aunt who I forever mistake for and think of as my playmate, friend and guide (which she is) and the caring royal treatment I recieve at the hands of my grandmom armed with delicacies which I truly relish... the combined force of the attack of all this leaves me aching for more - for a life of leisure and plenty - lying lazily around the house, treated like a princess !
And then some quality time spent at my dance and music classes chatting with my teachers and friends, dancing and singing away blissfully, glad to be back once again amidst all I truly love... and who reciprocate the love unconditionally...
Theres a three day function going on at my house which leaves zilch time for looking up old contacts and chatting with 'long-lost' friends... Nevertheless, I plan to definitely make time before I leave to revive old contacts and chat with old friends like the olden golden days of my childhood !

Oops ! Now I can hear the voice of my mom summoning me to my duties as a hostess, to welcome guests, to enquire after the 30-odd people who've gathered under our roof, to play the omnipresent helpful hostess (pretending to be useful, with my real utility being limited to asking my family members if I can be of any help), and to participate in the function as I should be doing, instead of being couped up in my room typing away to glory in order to pacify my poor neglected blog...

So am now bidding goodbye, until later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

its really a nice description of how one feels after returning home, after a long time... I feel this way every week when i go home :)
hope u have excellent time at home, which u can cherish all long ur next trip. :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger hope and love said...

hmm superb..! you write well..

7:35 PM  
Blogger Anu said...

Thanx, Art, Arun and 'Hope and Love' !
Art - if periods of 'absence-from-home' of 1 week can make you feel that way... hmm... no wonder i'm feeling the way i feel !!!! Can fully understand ur feelings !

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed exploring this site. Hope to return some day

[url=http://xort.in/daytonarolexwatch]replica rolex[/url]
[url=http://xort.in/REPLICA-ROLEX-SWISS-WATCH]rolex replica[/url]
[url=http://xort.in/BUY-ROLEX-PRESIDENTIAL-WATCH]rolex submariner[/url]

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jones said...

Your Blogs r Interesting to read , Ur sense of Describing seems good . Try to do more blogs . Thanks for sharing : etltraininginchennai.in

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home