Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Back to FORM... Live from Ahmedabad...

I know precisely how an iron filing feels if it is tied tightly to a post and a magnet is kept just out of its reach - of course - if the poor iron filing has a heart...
After three days of Chennai and three days of Bangalore - and then being transported from the cool garden city to the blazing lands of Ahmedabad, my feelings have very closely resembled that of the afore-mentioned poor iron filing... The bright sun who unflinchingly stares down at us in all his 41 degrees of glory unfortunately cannot be glared back at and put in his rightful place - the hot rays he generously bestows upon us have to be accepted humbly... It is perhaps the heat, or perhaps the few days I had at home, chatting with my folks after such a long time, wandering about in and out of my home fondly looking at and feeling the familiar objects that kindle sweet memories, or perhaps, the sight of my room on campus, the familiar brick walls of IIMA and my favourite haunts, nooks and corners of this place thats gotten to me... whatever be the reason, I had been feeling, for the past few days, pangs of some sort of feeling I cannot exactly put my finger on - something that seems to ask me - What are you doing here ? Is this what you exist for ? What exactly are you going to do in life ?... and so on...

I know these are zillion-dollar questions that take ages to answer - but at the root of these unsolved mysteries lies a very simple fact - I was homesick ! (atleast, thats my diagnosis...)
I felt homesick for almost the first time ever since I came to this city on June 23rd last year... When realization dawned upon me, I was taken aback by surprise coz I never thought that I would be the kind of person who would feel homesick, though I do love my folks and long to be with them etc. etc... I always prided on the thought that I was blessed with the ability to get easily adjusted to any place - as a person who loves travelling, I always was of the opinion that I am not the type who feels the need to hang on to one single place every second of my life... Probably the heat, or the thought that this would probably be the last year of my 'student life', or the taste of the nectar called home that I'd got when I went back for those 6 days made me feel this way...
Guess it will get alright once I settle down back into my usual routine here and start spending more time with my friends - once I start actively engaging myself in the wide array of activities I'm generally used to, the idle mind will turn from the devil's workshop that was spewing out the fire called homesickness into a heavenly garden filled with the strong invigorating scent of exotic flowers, nurtured by the energy dissipated by the machinery thats my brain...

Waiting eagerly for my spirits to rise...
Looking forward to the year ahead...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one anu... similar feelings echoed all around the campus.. but you are right.. a few days of IIMA should get you involved and life will again be the same as before with loads of fun and lots of things to involve yourself in.. so hang in there and you shall soon get back to your jovial self...

10:56 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

hi... thnx a lot :) - spirits always on the ascent !

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home