Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fachha here, Fachha there, Fachha-Fachha Everywhere...

The campus is now overflowing with the recent additions to the scenic brick-decorated campus - the Fachha-bachhas... Trailed about constantly by harried-looking parents with CONCERN written in bold all over their faces while their wards swagger around, confident and self-assured (atleast on the surface), chests puffed up with pride at the thought of having belled the CAT, trying to bravely act as if their parents didn't exist, desperately trying to find some group of fellow-fachhas they think they can identify themselves with... while (possibly) quaking inside with fear, scared by the stories they have heard about life on campus : the sleepless nights and hectic days !
The Tuchhas can be identified by their typical 'alag-sa' swagger - a statement by itself that sez - "Oh ye lowest forms on earth ! Look at us, who've risen in glory and are now the reigning spirits who haunt this campus, flaunting our free time and tuchha-specific-previleges !"


The latest happenings on campus and the sight of the fachhas scurrying about reminded me of similar days same time last year, when our batch stepped into the insti to form the next layer of MBAs to graduate from the much-talked about best B-School in Asia... The very thought of the journey of a fachha thru fachhadom evoked fond memories and set the philosophical machinery of my brain in motion, resulting in some random scribblings of mine which any interested reader can peruse at leisure on my other blog,
Soul Speaketh...

Of course, I identify myself with the latter species, though I cant exactly say how much of a swagger I put on... An amused smile on my lips, I watch in silence as I hear fachhas talking among themselves about the gyan they have got from their seniors, in the dorm and without... comparing notes about life on campus and the various systems in place to facilitate their orientation to and induction into the system of PGP...
It seems as if it were just yesterday that I was in the same position myself, amazed at the campus, the facilitating systems, the kind of help and support the seniors seem ready to extend, and so on and so forth - the list is endless... One year has passed since, and I've learnt loads of stuff - academic and otherwise - have grown a lot more wiser; This place definitely has the capability to transform each one of us in some way or the other - it ensures, with its high-stress environment and other uniquely peculiar ways, that we emerge as competent individuals who can hold our own at any given point of time with a comfort and ease thats strangely re-assuring to oneself and gives a kind of confidence most of us have never felt before...


Sigh ! One year already gone by... Time does fly, doesn't it ? I just can't imagine that I will be out of this place in less than a year and that might probably even mark the end of my life as a student - but then - I guess such thoughts and further contemplation on them can be reserved for later, much nearer to the time in question...

6 Comments:

Blogger Slartibartfast said...

You write pretty good! :)

Not sure if you know of me(hint: VM). I do know of you though. :)

Have a gr8 time in A! :)

12:03 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

Thanx a ton :) - Mebbe i'd recognize u - u from VM ?

1:50 PM  
Blogger Slartibartfast said...

Well, my photo is right here for you to recognise! :P (Don't tell me you missed it completely!)

Who doesn't know you? After all, you were one of the toppers, not to mention SPL! :) I was in 12D fyi. Oh wait, my name is Aditya Govindaraj btw. I doubt you'd have even heard of me(or anyone else for that matter)

Anyways, hope things are all gud o'er there. Goodluck!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Slartibartfast said...

Oops. I meant to say that I doubt that anyone wud have heard of me. Pls pardon the grammatical mistake in the earlier post.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

hey Sid... well... great to know that u find Fachha-life pretty easy :) - good show !

And Aditya - of course I do remember u ! Commerce - 12D :) Got thru IIMB too rite... Hope u are doing fine nowadays :)... Though I must say that ur appearance has changed a lot - atleast thats the story this snap tells me !

4:36 AM  
Blogger Slartibartfast said...

Err..I thought I look pretty much the same as before. :P

I'm doin OK. Not great. Not bad. Barely enough to stay alive and make ends meet.

Anyhow, goodluck for your 4th term!

PS: Correction - Was in IIMB. Never completed. Long story. Don't really want to get into that. It's pretty depressing.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home