Friday, June 10, 2005

Logging in from Bangalore - 'chilling' away to glory !

Three days of incessant subjection to remarks like "Its been so long since I last saw you" and "Karuthu elachhi poitte" (for the benefit of non-tams, it translates into "You've grown darker and thinner since I saw you last") did not help my ego too much... I felt exactly the way a particularly weak drumstick would feel after being burnt fully black !
3 days of that in Chennai coupled with staying up until the wee hours of morning participating in the 3-day long 'Utsavam' left me so drained and weary that my eyes shut automatically the moment my head touched the hard berth in the train that was scheduled to bear me full speed to Banglore. My brain usurped power from me and took over, giving my body the much-needed sleep it had been demanding - I was so tired that even the regular rhythmic motions of the train which, under normal circumstances, would have resulted in a sleepless night with me twisting this way and that, morphed into a kind of hypnotising lullaby ! That, combined with the God-sent torrential downpour that came crashing on our heads in dry hot thirsty Chennai just before we left, managed to soothe me and lull me into a dreamless blissful sleep.

Waking up in Bangalore proved to be an amazing experience - the early morning reddish hue of the sky with the black sillhouette of the skyline and the cool breeze that gently caressed my cheeks - all that worked in unison to revive me and had me glued like a magnet to the window at 5.15 in the morning, which is remarkable, considering the state I was in the night before (nothing but the fact that the train was scheduled to halt at Cantt at 5.30 would have helped achieve this feat)
Once home in Banglaore, with a mock ritual, I sacrificed the day very generously (it did not need much goading) to a state of complete rest, curling up with a novel in a deep chair in the balcony overlooking the green Cubbon Park, getting frequent whiffs of fresh air from the swaying eucalyptus trees; a complete contrast to the hectic 3 days of 'holidays' at home in Chennai... Nevertheless, home is always home - whichever way you spend the time there...

So I humbly request you to leave me in that same state of peace relaxing blissfully at home in Bangalore... until I pick up my lethargic self and pen my next blog...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye! You in Bangalore? Me too! :D

How are you doing? How long are you here?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Nice to hear u r in blore... Enjoy and have fun :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Anu said...

Me now left blore - back in campus, Vysh... But great to hear from you !!!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home